Went to Kinokuniya and picked up 2 “cookbooktionaries” hopping to get more inspiration to cook yummy and healthy meals for Ern. Will be making this! and will post some pictures later!
This makes a good, creamy-textured fish puree! SALMON!
Took this recipe from annabel Karmel!
MAKES 4 PORTIONS
what you need:
21/4 cups carrot, peeled and sliced
5 oz salmon fillet
1/2 tablespoon milk (or enough to cove the salmon)
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium, ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
scant 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the carrots in a steamer set over a pan of boiling water and cook 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile place the fish in a pan, pour over enough mil just to cover and simmer till cooked.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and add tomatoes and saute till softened and slightly mushy.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Blend the cooked carrots with the tomato mixture. Drain the cooking liquor from the fish, remove skin.
- Flake the fish and mix together with tomatoes and carrots. For younger babies, blend for desired texture.
The picture in the book looks damn yummy la. Try it if you have the time and have fUn!! : )
Sauteed tomatoes with cheese.Salmon immersed in milk and butter. I cooked it in microwave instead. And this is the end result! The picture in the book still looks better. : ) Hubby tried it and said ern will love it… we shall see….